Why can't everything go right for us like in the video? Real life is full of frustration, struggle, mistakes, accidents and things that get on our nerves. Some say it's just the way it is and we just have to deal with it. Others say it's not the way it should be and there's something wrong with the world and with us. What do you think?
Questions to consider...
- What kind of things frustrate you on a regular basis? Why do you think these things happen?
- Is the world broken? Are people broken? Or do we just have to deal with it and not complain?
- Do you try and fix things that frustrate people? Why/why not? And what does this say about your answer to question 2?
- What do you do when things go right for you? Are you lucky or grateful? And what's the difference anyway?
- If God is perfect, why might he allow bad things to happen to "good" people?
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. (Romans 8:20-21)
Father, please help us to see how broken our world is and give us the courage to admit the ways in which we are broken too. Please help us to see why you have allowed things to break and give us the courage to come to you for forgiveness, rescue and help through Jesus. Amen.