Anywhere but here


My friend Jamie Gould is a Christian and wrote this song called 'Anywhere but here'.  It's got some brilliant words...

I put up a front to protect my back but the truth is I'm just scared


They say, "Follow your heart, son and you will find gold."
But what if gold ain't what I'm looking for?
For my heart's lied to me so many times before

Questions to consider...
  1. How real are you with other people?  Do they know the real you or are there things about your heart that you would never want them to know?
  2. Has your heart lied to you before?  If so, how?
  3. What's wrong with following your heart or doing whatever you feel is right?
  4. Someone once said, "The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart."  Do you agree?  Why/why not?
  5. What hope is there for human beings whose hearts lie to them and lead them astray?
A Bible verse to consider...
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. (Ezekiel 11:19-20)

A prayer...
Lord Jesus, please help us to see the limitations of doing whatever we want and thank you that if we trust and follow you we can have forgiveness, a new heart and new desires.  Amen!