Polar Bear is one of the best spoken word artists in the UK. In this piece, he talks about young love, being a son, being a man and being a dad.
Questions to consider...
- Which part of this piece stands out to you and why?
- What are you most grateful for from those who raised you?
- What are you least grateful for from those who raised you?
- What do you hope for in your ideal future?
- What kind of adult will you be? If you marry, what kind of husband or wife will you be? If you have kids, what kind of dad or mum will you be?
Start children off on the way they should go and even when they are old they will not turn from it. (Proverbs 22:6)
God, some of us are benefiting from a great legacy because of the people who have raised us. Please help us to be grateful and to copy their good example. But for some of us it's harder to be grateful for the way we've been raised and we want to begin a new legacy. Please give us wisdom and courage. Jesus, please forgive us and please show us and help us how to live well! Amen.