Life has its fair share of opposites... Happiness and Despair. Rich and Poor. Popular and Alone. Birth and Death.
Questions to consider...
1. How do you feel about your life? What's good? What's bad?
2. How do you feel about yourself? What's good? What's bad?
3. What's your favourite memory? What's your least favourite memory?
4. How do you feel about death? Are you scared of it or can you face it with confidence?
5. What do you think lies beyond death? Why?
A Bible verse to consider...
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.' (John 11:25)
God, thank you for giving us life and many good things that we enjoy. But Lord, we also have to go through many painful things and we hate suffering. We also must face the inevitable fact of death. Please help us to consider our response to what Jesus said about himself and death and what he did about it too. Amen.