Brian had wealth, fame and everything he wanted... but he also had a failed marriage, anger issues and ended up wanting to kill himself... until he cried out to God for help!
Questions to consider...
- What do you think of Brian's story? Which bits stand out to you and why?
- Why do you think Brian was so desperately unhappy? Is divorce really that bad? What's your experience of this?
- How does an angry, rich, self-centred pro-skateboader become a Christian who talks about Jesus all the time?
- Brian says you get to know Jesus by crying out to him. What do you think he means? Have you ever done this?
- Did you pray the prayer at the end of the video? If so, what's just happened? If not, what would it take for you to want to pray a prayer like this?
If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
God, please help us to know what we're living for and to know what's truly important. Protect us from just cruising through life doing what everybody expects us to do. Protect us from where that ultimately leads. Please show us what difference it makes to know Jesus and to trust and follow him. Amen.