A very weird but interesting music video I think. And some great logic in there about fear.
Questions to consider...
- What reasons does the son use to ask his dad to kill the spider?
- What reasons does the dad use not to kill the spider?
- It's not just about spiders. This song is about violence between countries too. What do you think is the main message of the song?
- There are also lessons here about violence between individuals. How do you respond to people around you who are different, especially when they're VERY different from you and it's difficult to understand why? What would the song suggest?
- How might Isaiah 1:17 from the Bible help us with this?
God, please help us to value all life and all those around us. Help us not to respond in fear and weak hatred but in the strength of love that enjoys diversity and is always ready to listen, understand and learn from others. Amen!