Here's some questions and comments I've had from young people about this video and about people's idea of a perfect day...
Q: What do YOU think a perfect day should be?
A: In 2 words: 'With God.' Knowing God and being with him (with others too) without anything getting in the way. Psalm 84:10.
Q: Why is it better with God?
A: I believe God made us for a relationship with him and when we're not in a relationship with him, we miss out (kind of an understatement!) - It's like a fish is made to live in water and when you take it out of the water, it dies. We were made to be in God and when we're not in God, we die. There's 2 ways to live.
Q: Does God even have a house?
A: The verse (Psalm 84:10) is talking about being with God in the temple. In the Old Testament part of the Bible, that's where God said he'd meet people. These days God says we can each be like his temple if we follow Jesus, so he lives in us and we're his 'house' (1 Corinthians 6:19).
Q: How is this anything to do with God?
A: I believe God's interested in everything we do because he loves us and made us to enjoy life with him. Our ideas matter to him and there's lots that he would want to encourage as well as challenge and change.
Q: Why is God stereotypically a man?
A: In English we only have 'he', 'she' and 'it' and God is not really any of those. The best parts of male and female come from God because the Bible says we're made in his image (Genesis 1:27) but that doesn't make God a guy or a girl. Maybe we say 'he' traditionally because the Bible says he made Adam first or because Jesus was a man, or maybe just because we live in a pretty sexist world. Say 'he' or she' if you like. God's neither a bloke, nor a lass. He's God.
- A day where I act respectfully towards everyone.
- When everything goes right for me.
- Winning the lottery.
- Fun, happy, seeing friends and family, sun.
- Talking to friends.
- Going to town with friends.
- Being with friends.
- No school and a lie-in.
- Making videos.
- Xbox all day.
- I find £400,000,000 in a hedge.
- Doing what I want, when I want.
- Free to do whatever I want.
- When nothing bad happens.
- Doing cool stuff that is impossible.
- Life is not about one day - it's about your whole life.
- Watching TV and eating chips.
- No homework.
- Playing football.
- Being lazy.
- Being with my best friend.
- Driving and F1 car.
- Cheese on toast for tea.
- Watching films.
- Smiling and making others smile.
- A day of dance.
- In bed with music.
- No such thing.
- A day when I resolve all my problems.
- It's nice to be at your home where you feel safe.